Thursday, 8 September 2016

Day 2 - Tuesday



7:35
So breakfast really is the only thing that makes getting up worth while, especially now that I have to be in work an hour earlier. I really don't know who I was kidding. So I opted for some melon, and some alpen with natural yoghurt and a sprinkle of sliced almonds. And coffee, obviously. I also never got round to drinking that Diet Coke last night, so that’s in my bag. This is included in the room price, so there’s nothing extra to pay.
8:02am 
On Tuesdays I’m tasked with buying fruit for the office. I’m allowed to spend a maximum of £15 which I can claim back. Today £13.25 got us some bananas, some apples, some figs, nectarines, grapes, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. I will spend the morning picking at this, along with another of the trek bars I bought yesterday.

13:00 
lunch was a large salad and, since yesterday’s Diet Coke exploded in my bag as soon as I got into work this morning, I this time opted for a bottle. This came to £6.65. I also got a little walk in, since I’m hatching a 10km poke egg which is clearly very important, and there’s a plan forming to go out to dinner tonight. El Cartel, which is SERIOUSLY good, so if you don't stuff your face basically you're miserable and not living.

After work I rushed to the gym, showered and ran out again to meet my colleagues in a bar opposite the restaurant. They don't allow you to book, so you just have to show up, put your name down and wander off somewhere to wait. The handy thing about this specific bar is that they actually come in to get you when your table's ready, and let you bring your unfinished drinks in with you.

21:00
After a g&t in the bar, we went wild on mexican food which, as usual, was super cheap and life changingly good.  
I also feel like my hair is gross so I may finally bite the bullet and actually go to a hairdresser in london, rather than waiting until i'm home. I just feel like i'm cheating on her. And it's so much more expensive. But yeh. Remind me to call them tomorrow. Or don't, because by the time anyone reads this tomorrow (Wednesday) will be over. I need to just bite the bullet and fucking do it.*
Anyway, food. Someone else picked up all bills so, again, nothing. It's expensable anyway, so I haven't just been freeloading. I also chanced a frozen margarita, because they had a coconut flavour on. I've been here twice before so am pretty certain at this stage that I don't like frozen margaritas so I'm not entirely sure why I thought this was going to be any different. Because it was obviously still gross. Everyone else had 3; I only finished my first because I loaded waaaay too much hot sauce onto my sweet potato tacos and was on the brink of death. When a frozen margarita is all that can save you, you know times are hard. 

*this definitely didn't stem from an earlier viewing of Kylie Jenner's snapchat story. hahahaha imagine..

Tuesday total: £19.90 

go me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment